Saturday 13 December 2008

Literary Meme:

I've been wanting to make up one of these for ages - mostly because I want to post the crazy answers.

1. What are you currently reading?
The Mythology of Science, The Normans, The Nature of Love.

2. What books did you most recently buy?
How to Calculate Quickly and The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, book 8).

3. What family from literature would you most like your future family to resemble?
Probably the Keith family from the Millie Keith books. Although the Murray/O'Keefe clan and the Austin family by Madeleine L'Engle are hard on the heels of the Keith family.

4. What family from literature are they most likely to ACTUALLY resemble?
The Larkin family.

5. Clothes from what book (or historical period) that you wish would come back into fashion, because it would look COMPLETELY AWESOME on you?
Regency period, i.e. Jane Austen novels.

6. Clothes from what book (or historical period) that you wish would come back into fashion, because it would look COMPLETELY AWESOME on members of the opposite gender?
Regency period, i.e. Jane Austen and Hornblower novels. Although it might make church a little odd. I can't picture Asian boys wearing Regency navy uniforms... probably a good thing.

7. What literary character would you run off with?
Heathcliff. What can I say? I like the dark obsessing types. And I bet he's TALL.

8. What literary character would you write out of existence?
Joesph from Wuthering Heights. ANNOYING.

9. What animal from literature would you have as a pet?
The hen that laid the golden eggs would be nice...

10. What fairy-tale would you like to live in?
Beauty and the Beast. I bet the Beast was TALL.

11. What evil fairytale character would you be most likely to be?
The witch from Rapunzel.

12. What poet (living or dead) would you have write you a love poem?
Robert Burns. And I'd get at least two poems out of him - a in love poem, and a break up poem. AWESOME. As long as he didn't refer to me as Haggis in either poem. Yuck, Yuck, YUCK. But his poetry is Yum, Yum, YUM.

Tagged: Kal, Alicia, Steph, Joab, Shaun, and ANY OTHER READERS. Please provide links - not everyone will have read the same books.

9 comments:

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Note: All books must be fiction.
The Bible is NOT fiction, so statements of you running away with Jesus are NOT allowed.

You can either post your answers here as a comment, or you can email them to me and I'll make them into a seperate post.

Anonymous said...

1. Currently reading 'Snow Falling on Cedars' by David Guterson.

2. Recently bought 2 books as presents but can't remember what. Also 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James.

3. Literary family I want... 'Swiss Family Robinson' by Johann Wyss (?) so I can have lots of alone time on a desert island with my husband =D

4. In reality ‘Robinson Crusoe’ by Daniel Defoe- i.e. ALONE on the desert island. That wouldn’t be so bad either.

5. No idea. I don’t think I’d look particularly good in any, and I’m not a fan of dresses which eliminates most historical periods.

6. Yes, I agree! Boys should dress Regency (Hornblower). Also, 1940’s wasn’t bad because there was a war on… I like uniforms =P

7. At the moment I'd run away with Ishmael Chambers from ‘Snow Falling on Cedars’ because I can’t think of anyone else.

8. Dobby from Harry Potter should die.

9. Does Sirius Black from Harry Potter count?

10. Sleeping Beauty. I love to sleep, and when I wake up in 100 years not only would I still be youthful, there would be a handsome prince who actually likes me.

11. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. No one would expect it of me, I’d have way more self-confidence and I’d get to antagonise Sam’s fairy tale.

12. Henry Kendall, but not a love poem (he was married).

Fin.

Anon.

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Siris Black way so counts as a pet. Not my type, but hey - if both of us had him as a pet that would be confusing.

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Dobby is annoying. Not as annoying as Joseph, but he's getting pretty close.

Sam-Is-Mad said...

You BOUGHT the Turn of the Screw?

Anonymous said...

For less than $3. I felt like reliving my Extension English days. It's better the second time around.

-Anon.

Ps- Why am I replying to this when I could just open the door and tell you? I can hear you in the kitchen.

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Regency boys... mmm.

Even not in uniform. Though uniform is lovely.

Kal and I just watched Emma. Regency boys.... mmm.

Anonymous said...

=D

Yay for Archie Kennedy!

Anonymous said...

1.The mX "Here's looking at you".

2. "The Rules: the best kept secrets for capturing Mr Right".

3. The Lion King- Simba's Pride.

4. Lot's. From the bible.

5. The 80's. I like shoulder pads.

6. The Garden of Eden.

7. Draco Malfoy.

8. Mr Darcy. Too many girls like him, but he's a cold snob.

9. Puff the magic dragon.

10. Cinderella. I like shoes. And a girl who cleans is awesome.

11. Cinderella's step-mother. Clean that kitchen!

12. Some angsty emo kid on myspace. Or Shakespeare's Mum.

Guess who this is? Hahaha! If you get it right, you win brownies.