Sunday 17 February 2013

Holding On

I was at personal training, and was doing some push-ups.  Obviously, being a girl, my upper body strength is not the greatest, and I was doing them on my knees, same as usual.  Natalie (my trainer) decided that it wasn't hard enough, and I needed to do full ones.

Afterwards, she told me I was never allowed to do knee push-ups again.  (which I do, but I try to mix in some full ones too.)

"Next thing, chin-ups!  You won't know what hit you!"

"Oh," I said.  "I can do chin-ups.  I mean, not many.  But I can do 2 or 3."  (which really means 5 or 6.)

"Go on do them."

So I did 6.

Natalie looked at me.  "I can't believe you've been holding out on me with CHIN-UPS."


(And, in mad terror that I will have to do a million of them in future sessions, I am practicing some more, and have since done 10 in a row without falling off the bar!  Yay for Sam!)

No comments: