Monday 18 June 2007

Conversations About 6 (or 11) Children

One of my recent hobbies is telling people how many children I think they are going to have. Most people say "Oh, that's about the amount I would like," or "Its a few more than I think, but that'd be okay..." Only one person has said that she would like to have more (I said I fully gave her my permission to do so - its people having less that I won't like). Carloyn and Jiashen are a slightly different story.


Conversation 1:

Me: I think you're going to have 6 children
Carolyn: (Starts choking)
Jiashen: (Goes white)
Me: What?
Carolyn: (Between chokes) I don't think so.


Conversation 2:
Amy to the whole church: Our faith goal for Born to Fly is 300 kids.
Me: (To C an J) You two had better get married and get started, otherwise we'll never make it.
Carolyn: It takes at least 9 months.
Me: We can get ahead for next year.


Conversation 3:
(Jiashen is absent)
Me: It's a pity Jiashen isn't here. He goes white whenever I mention 6 children.
(Carolyn messeges him, telling him I said that.)
(He messeges back: Tell her if she's good we'll have 11.)
Me: Tell him I'm going to hold him to that!

No comments: