Monday 11 June 2007

Convversations About Chocolates

Me: This is my fifth box. (There are 48 chocolates in a box.)

Various people: And you ate ALL of them.

Me: No, just most.




Me: Buy a chocolate

Robbie-from-church: I'll buy two, but only if you eat them yourself.

Me: I can live with that.

(Note: there are about 20 million Roberts/Robbies/Robins in my life. There is Robbie-from-church, Robby-from-church, Robbie-my-ex-boyfriend, Robert my brother, Robin my father, Robert my Uncle, Bob my great-uncle, Robert McGirr a family friend, Bob our neighbour, and a few other relatives are called Rob. John-Wayne (my other brother) is called Bobby at cricket. I gets confusing, but just go with it. I do.)

(Second Note: Robbie-from-church was not the only person to buy chocolates on the condition that I eat them. I think people are chocolated out. Not me though. But I am moneyed out, so no more chocolates for me. Unless more people want to buy chocolates and give them to me. Which I hearterly endorse.)




Me: You know, girlfriends like chocolate.

Carolyn: They certainly do.

Jiashen (to Carolyn): I'll buy you one.

Me, via small children who were helping me sell chocolates: You know, girlfriends like chocolate...

Carolyn: They certainly do.

Jiashen: Argh!

No comments: