Friday 15 December 2006

Frugal Fridays: Three Questions


For my first Frugal Fridays I get to take a bit of a break. Crystal of Biblical Womanhood has askeed three questions. So here are my answers.


1. What is the best resource for frugality you've found (book, magazine, website, etc.)?

Sorry guys, this isn't one you can share. My mum is my best frugality resource. She says it's "the Backster blood". Those of us who inherited "the Backster blood" can make a meal out of thin air. Luckily for me I inherited "the Backster blood" - unlike my poor sister who in spite of endless budgets (I've never had a budget) never has any money.


2. What is the best deal you've gotten recently?

I went to the library today and got a bag of books for $5. I packed 28 books into my bag (getting it home was another story!) That means I paid under 18 cents a book!


3. What is your best idea for a creative and inexpensive gift (I was specifically thinking this might be helpful for those who still are looking for some last-minute Christmas ideas!)?

I bought a $9 wooden box from Lincraft and painted it. I used stencils to decorate the inside. They made beautiful memento boxes. Sorry I don't have any photos - I don't have a digital camera (hopefully I'll get one for Christmas). But they're lovely presents for anyone. So far this year I've made two. Oe of the people have alreay received it, and she loved it. The stencils mean that you seem artistic even when you are... well... not! Quick, easy, cheap and lovely! It is perfect!


1 comment:

Lady Why said...

Oh, I love library sales! Aren't they wonderful??