Wednesday 13 December 2006

Idea!

Anyone from church or care group reading this, remind me about setting up a scripture text message exchange. Anyone from another church feel free to use/adapt this idea.

Basically, the idea is this. You pull someone's name out of a hat (etc) and that week you must message them at least once with scripture.

I know that when I was feeling low a friend messaged me scripture and it made me feel so much better. It was great to know she was thinking of me, and reading the Word while "on the go" was awesome. Plus it would be a great way for the sender and the receiver to memorize the Word of God.

I've got a memory like a sieve, so hopefully someone else will read this and remember. I have written it down, and will go through my papers eventually, but this seems like too much of a good idea to wait.

No comments: