Monday 11 December 2006

Prayer Requests

I've added a section on the side panel for prayer requests. These are things that I am praying for and would to encourage others to pray for on my behalf. All prayer requests are either for me, for my church and its activities, or have the permission of the person being prayed for.

Explanation of prayer requests

Courage for me to speak about being a Christian (copied from one of my comments)
I am often failing at what I aim to do. Speaking about being Christian is a big one for me. I find it really difficult to speak about being a Christian to my old friends. (When I make new friends I just let them know casually in conversation, and when they then ask questions I answer them.) But old friends are different. They don't know me as a Christian, and I am sometimes (often) afraid that they will then reject me because I have changed. Of course I know that if they do reject me they aren't really my friends, but still it would hurt. So I am a wuss. To make matters worse, its the one thing that God has actually spoken direct to me about (when I got baptised in the Holy Spirit). But I still get scared and don't.

The Frankston Alpha Course
I did an Alpha course recently and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. I was already a Christian, but it was on the Alpha course retreat that I got Baptised in the Holy Spirit. This was without a doubt the best experience of my life so far. Never before (or since) have I experienced such an overwhelming feeling of love for me - a worthless sinner.
Lots of people who come for Alpha courses are non-Christians, and this course is a great way of getting people to give their life to Jesus as it specifically goes over and answers many of the 'intellectual objections' that people have to being a Christian. Pray that those who are coming for the first time to this course really get to know Jesus, that they give or re-dedicate their life to Him. Pray for them to have soft, teachable hearts. Pray that the leaders and helpers will speak with the courage of God, led by the Holy Spirit, so that they become instruments of God and transform the lives of all those who take part.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: