Monday 28 September 2009

Work Update

So, there's been a change in my work situation.

They had me back in full time. I was not happy, and more to the point I was not coping. I not only was extremely exhausted (getting, 4, 5, and 5 hours of sleep for the nights previous to each day of work) but I felt really bad. I felt like I had a kid sitting on my chest all day (how they managed to do that while I was up and walking around), like I had weights in my shoes, and I had dizzy spells every hour or so.

Odele asked me how I felt. I told her I felt like I wanted to die. There were no awake kids in the room, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. Odele was horrified.

I am now working part time (9:30-4) in the babies room, same rate per hour, and even though I work for 2 1/2 hours less, I only get paid 1 1/2 hours less per day because before I had an unpaid lunch of 1 hour, and now I have a paid lunch of half an hour.

I have a job I may be applying for for next year, but I'm seeing how I like the babies room first.

No comments: