Sunday 20 May 2007

Life in General

So I got home last night, after being away since Thursday. Here is a rundown of these days.

Thursday:
  • Started making clown costumes for Born to Fly (BTF)
  • Sewing machine broke
  • I thought I could sew 2 clown costumes by hand
  • I realised I couldn't, and went down to the shops for some adult sized onesies (also called jumpsuits) to paint
  • Realised that no one sells adult sized onesises
  • Bought some tracksuit pants and bottoms and fabric paint
  • Went home and painted them
  • Realised that they look nothing like clown costumes (that's not entirely true. One of them was all right. The other one does indeed suck)
  • Gave up on costumes and packed for 4 days
  • Walked down to the train station, only to discover that the trains are not going
  • Trains start, and get us as far as Moorabin, where we have to catch a bus to Caulfield, where we can catch another bus to the city
  • I learn that the reason why the trains are not working is that there is a jumper at Glen Huntly station
  • I get into the city, late to meet my friends
  • I scoff down a cheese and potato pancake, a lemon tart and a hot chocolate
  • We go to see Pirates of Penzance
  • Pirates is good. Not my favourite Gilbert and Sullivan, but good
  • Steph and I go back to her house
  • I realise (at Steph's house) that I have left my bag in the cloakroom at the opera. As it is now 10:45PM, I decide to leave it there overnight
  • I read before going to bed

Friday:
  • I get up. Steph insists that I eat breakfast
  • I leave to pick up my bag and clean Katrina's place
  • My bag is still there. The security remark that I have a lot of stuff in my bag.
  • I get to Katrina's ridiculously early
  • I go to Gloria Jeans and read (Gloria Jeans is the Aussie equivilent of Starbucks, only they are a Christian company)
  • I realise I am running late, so I walk very quickly to Katrina's
  • I gush over Ethan (Katrina's 2 year old)
  • I clean
  • I gush over William (Katrina's newborn)
  • I go to my parent's house
  • I go Scottish Dancing
  • I realise that one of the three books I have brought with me is awful
  • I go to sleep at about 1.

Saturday:
  • Went out to a cafe in Glen Waverley with friends (Steph, Claire and Winnie)
  • I go to script rehersals (BTF)
  • I go back to my parent's house, under the illusion that we are having a family party
  • I learn there is no family party. I think, I could have been at my home, cleaning it up because it is a mess
  • I ask mum if we happen to have any adult sized clown costumes
  • She says of ocurse
  • I ask ADULT sized clown costumes
  • She says, In the attic
  • I go up to the attic. I cannot find any costumes (other than a few hats, one of which I take for the poacher's costume) and ask mum where they are, because the attic is a mess
  • Mum finds the clown costumes. They are indeed adult sized
  • I do some homework for my Vetamorphus course, then go to bed

Sunday:
  • I pack not only my 2 bags, but a box with costumes, a blender and a few books in it to go to church and then home
  • Keith picks me up
  • We stop off at Krispy Kreme and order doughnuts for the church
  • I eat one doughnut
  • I realise that I have left my church notebook at my parent's house.
  • PS Mark (from the City Centre) takes the service
  • I sell chocolates during lunch. Some I sell sell, others are arranged for people to pick up boxes for them to sell at work (this is fundraising for BTF)
  • The kids all want to go about selling chocolate
  • I write my name on four boxes, give three of them to the kids, and they go about selling the chocolates. The fourth one I keep on the table
  • I learn that Time Outs are the most popular of the different chocolates
  • I learn that everyone wants to buy one choclate with a $20 note
  • I tell Jiashen that girlfriends like chocolate, and that he should buy some for Carolyn
  • Carolyn agrees with me
  • Jiashen buys chocolate
  • I sell about 2 boxes worth of chocolates at church alone
  • Rebecca drives me home. No sheparding, because I have to help my ex-boyfriend find his tax stuff (and convince him to take as much of his stuff as is humanly possible, and sell him chocolates)
  • He takes nearly all of his stuff. I can use the cupboards now.
  • He buys $10 worth of chocolates, and gives me $8 worth of them
  • I clean up my house
  • I watch Compass, which has a two part doco by Richard Dawkins. Tennesse is reading his book The God Delusion, so I thougth I'd watch this so that I can talk to him about it without spending valuable chunks of my time reading it
  • I notice just how much editing Dawkins has done (there is a fade out of an athetist who teaches biology saying (about kids bringing up critisms of the theory of evolution) that he 'doesn't tolerate it'. Dawkins didn't quite cut it off in time).
  • Dawkins argument - you can't prove it so it must be false; some people who are religious are intolerent, so they all are. My thought - you can't argue with someone like that. He's every bit as much a fundamentalist as the people he made fun of
  • I read some more, then go to sleep

Hannah and Angela, helping to sell the chocolates.

No comments: