Thursday 10 May 2007

WFMW - Library Book Piles

Yes, I know that over here it is not Wednesday anymore. But I'm posting this Works For Me Wednesday anyway.

I am a member of over 9 different library systems. While I don't think I've ever had items out from every single library, I will regularly have items from 3 or four different ones. Keep ing track of them is not the easiest thing in the world.

So I keep organised. Books are arranged in piles on two shelves. Books I haven't read go on the bottom of the two shelves I'm using. When I hae read them, they go IN THE SAME PLACE but ON THE TOP SHELF. Receipts are kept with the books that need to go back, and I always keep track of what I have returned. More than once I have had to phone or email a library because I've returned something and it has either been put back on the shelf without being checked off, or has slipped behind the chute. They won't check unless you contact them, so records are essential.

Hey, this definitely Work For Me.

No comments: