Friday 8 December 2006

Hi All

Hello everybody who is reading!

I'm Sam(antha), and this is a blog about whatever I decide it will be about.

Most likely it will be about things I am interested in, so I'll give you a quick list of what they might be:
-Me
-Homeschooling
-Books
-Education
-Christianity
-My church (Hope International)
-Movies
-Kids in general
-Quiverful
-Housekeeping
-Ballet
-Taking over the world


Actually, I was fibbing about the last one. You don't think I'd be silly enough to post my plans for taking over the world on the internet, do you?

I'm 22 years old, and have just finished studying Arts/Primary Ed. In arts I majored in English (i.e. literature) and minored in Classic (i.e. stuff from Ancient Greece and Rome).

I am a new Christian, and not a particularly good one. I am very selfish, self-centred and generally focussed on myself. This is NOT A GOOD THING, and I am working on it.

As this is my first blog, you are all going to have to be patient with me as I loose posts, promise posts aned then forget about them, and generally stuff up. I apologise in advance (it saves time later).

Hope you like it!

Sam-Is-Mad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, nice new blog.

Why do you think your not a good Christian?

As I see it, no one can be a good Christian or a bad Christian. Your just at a different place at your faith journey.

Any way thats my opinion

Beauwt

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Hey Beau!

I am often failing at what I aim to do. Speaking about being Christian is a big one for me. I find it really difficult to speak about being a Christian to my old friends. (When I make new friends I just let them know casually in conversation, and when they then ask questions I answer them.) But old friends are different. They don't know me as a Christian, and I am sometimes (often) afraid that they will then reject me because I have changed. Of course I know that if they do reject me they aren't really my friends, but still it would hurt. So I am a wuss. To make matters worse, its the one thing that God has actually spoken direct to me about (when I got baptised in the Holy Spirit). But I still get scared and don't.

There are lots of other reasons, but for me that is the main one. That's why it's up on the side-panel as a prayer request.

PS - I might see you Wed - I'm coming into school to take the kids for an excursion. We'll be leaving fairly prompt. So look out for me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thats a hard one, I guess they'll get used to it. But God will lead you though the tough times, have you seen the poem called foot prints?, if not i can get you a copy.

All the best

beauwt