Sunday 17 December 2006

Things I Would Like for Christmas or After

Here's my wish list. Some of these things I will end up buying in the after Christmas sales, but others I am likely to get a presents from my family or friends.

  • A digital camera. Just a basic one
  • Books and book vouchers. I have a list of about 100 books that I would like to buy some time soon. Hopefully after Christmas this list will be reduced slightly. Then I will read a whole lot more and put them all on my list.
  • A new back-pack. A big, strong one that will fit all of the books I've borrowed from the library in it. I used to have one, but after 6 years of library books it disintegrated. Think that's bad? I've had two more since - neither of which has lasted 3 months.
  • Some new summer tops. I lack summer tops because summer is the time when 'all is bared' and I'm not at all one of those types of girls. I would prefer a top that ensures that a guys eyes stay focused on my eyes, and not on my chest. Unless someone finds some at an op shop, I'm not holding my breath.
  • Money. I like to pay bills and eat, so this comes in useful.
  • A blender. I really want one. I've got a few other kitchen appliances that I'm eyeing, but I think a blender would be a good start.
Well, that's it for the stuff that I will get list. Here's my exuberant list of stuff I would like but they aren't readily available in stores.
  • A guy who loves God, loves me, and wants lots and LOTS of children. I'd appreciate it if he had a steady job too, but if he's got hose down I already think he's a pretty nifty catch.
  • 48 hours in my day, with an option to extend when needed.
  • Patience.
  • Energy.
  • My dream home. It's big, with two storeys, and the library is right above the kitchen. Both the library and the kitchen look out to the garden. Which of course will be filled with fruit trees and a vegetable garden that produces delicious, nutritious food all year round.
  • A gentle spirit. Gentle is not a word I would use to describe me.
  • Courage.
  • The ability to remember useful things - like what I am doing on different days of the week so that I don't double book.
  • Better sewing abilities.
  • Self-discipline. The kind that means that I do what I have to do when I have to do it - no procrastinating by.. oh, let's say... blogging and reading other people's blogs.
Well, I suppose I had better get to working on the last one. I have another scarf to knit by Tuesday! So it's time to stop procrastinating and start working!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you do decide to get a digital camera, get one greater than 3 mega pixels not less. But I suggest one of 4 mega pixels or greater.

beauwt

Sam-Is-Mad said...

I'm fairly sure that that is what my parents' will get me for Christmas. So I'll get what I get. And to be honest I won't know the difference.

Anonymous said...

True, so true, if your not thec minded then you probably wont no the difference.