I'm thinking about what I want to be doing next year. I thought I'd get everyone's comments, and posting here is easier than going to everyone seperately. If you want to talk to me rather than comment, fine, but this is easier for me.
As most of you know, I'm having some substantial problems at the moment with work, partially due to them and partially due to me being 3/4 asleep at any moment of time. So I'm seriously considering whether I should be continuing there. Here are the different things I'm considering:
- Continuing at my centre, but on reduced hours - probably 3 days a week. I'd use the other 2 days to rest, take harp lessons, rest, and learn a language (Hebrew being my top choice at the moment)
- Going back to uni, either full time (doing honors in Arts) or part time (probably getting Early Childhood qualifications, and continuing to work at my centre). I would be paid more for doing the Early Childhood, but I'm not particularly interested. If I do Arts, I'll be writing on Shakespeare and ballet.
- Working at a new centre
- Applying to teach in a sessional kinder
- Teaching in a school. Holidays, shorter hours, more pay. Sounds great! Within this there is several choices:
1) Working in a Christian school
2) Working at my old school
3) Working in a government school
4) Working in a semi-rural government school near my Dad's. Free rent, beach, and the lovely one of my parentals. The churches nearby leave a bit to be desired, though I've only been to 3 of the 7, so maybe another one is ok
5) Working in a rural government school
- Travel. The nice thing about my job is that I can take time off and come back to a job any time, though obviously the leave would be without pay. There are some places I would like to go, and I have vague but specific plans in each that I have in mind. Here are the countries:
1) Africa. Specific I know. Two countries in mind, but I'm not going to be more specific. Sorry
So, why am I asking for opinions? Well, I do like to talk things over with others, but also - these choices will effect YOU! Think about not seeing ME for a month or however long while I am overseas! Tragical, I know. If nothing else, you will get to choose what you're going to hear me whinge about for the next year or so!