Because you are all slackers I'm going to keep making up memes until lots of you all do them. Movie meme to follow by-and-by, and so will other ones as I think of them. Answer the memes or you shall suffer immensely.
1. What Enid Blyton book was your favourite?
The Secret Island. (The first in the 'Secret' series) Or Those Dreadful Children.
2. Who was your favourite Enid Blyton character?
Bets from the Five Find Outers. She's afraid of everything, is made fun of by all the others (except Fatty), but ALWAYS saves the day in the end.
3. What do you think of the various spin offs, and have you read any?The Famous Five spin offs suck. I read one and hated it. The TV show sucked too. I haven't read the St Clares spin offs (which are the 'missing years' books) but would like to by and by. I haven't read the Wishing Chair spin off (I think there's only one to date) but my sister has, and said it was really good. I HAVE read the Naughtiest Girl spin offs and I really like them. In fact, I just read one, hence the theme of this meme.
4. What is your opinion on the Noddy and Big-Ears contraversy, and about the other characters in Toyland?
They share a BED. And Big-Ears found Noddy wandering around without any clothes on. Need I say more? However, as a kid I never noticed this. In fact, I'm kinda oblivious, so I didn't notice even when I re-read them as a teenager. Until I found out about the contraversy, where-upon I laughed and laughed.
5. Which school story series was your favourite?
The St Clares series. There were TWINS. And no boys, which I found a draw-back for the Naughtiest Girl series. And the school wasn't run on communist lines. (The drawback to the Naughtiest Girl series.)
6. Which adventure / mystery series was your favourite?
The Five Find-Outers. Come ON! As if you can go past Fatty's costumes, or the secret ink, or any such things, or the fact that little timid Bets always ends up being the hero.
7. Who is your favourite author in the Enid Blyton style?
Antonia Forest, of the 'Term' series.
8. What kind of food in Enid Blyton style would you happily eat?
A moonlight picnic by a swimming pool. (From Claudine at St Clares, I THINK, but it might be the 4th or 5th Malory Towers book.) Of course, I don't actually like to swim, and swimming at night in dangerous, and swimming with food is probably not a good mix anyway. But who cares?
That and the strawberries. And if I was at St Clares or Malory Towers, then Joab would not be able to take them away from me! ;P
9. Which series would you rather live in? The Wishing Chair or The Enchanted Forest?
Enchanted Forest. There is a SLIDE in the TREE. That is like, my childhood ambition. To have a tree to the sky with a slide in it.
10. Favourite animal?
The monkeys. I want a pet monkey. Reb says I'm not allowed one. My mum said the same thing...