Thursday 11 January 2007

Eragon

I short while ago I went to see Eragon. I was looking forwards to it, because I like fantasy. I had read the book and enjoyed it (I'm planning to re-read when the third book comes out - and I'm ignoring the second book until then).

The movie was a disappointment.

The acting was not particularly good (Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich excepted) and the voice of Sapphira (the dragon) was downright annoying. Unlike most modern movies that seem to drag out every skerick of movie that they possibly can, this movie felt really rushed, especially with Brum. How can Eragon be so devestated about Brum's death when the entire thing takes such a short time? The soundtrack was too overt, and also annoyed me. It made potentially moving moments so sappy that they were funny.

Admittedly, the scenery was stunning, and the special effects were good. So I'd advise (if you want to see this movie) to see it at the cinemas to get the full effect of this.

Overall, not as good as it should have been, but okay.

No comments: