Tuesday 16 January 2007

Hot

It's about 20 million degrees. So I am very hot and more than slightly grumpy. I would go down to the shops to buy chocolate and/or ice-cream, but, of course, it is even hotter outside than it is inside, so I'm not going to.

I spent today cleaning, which was nice because I like to clean; other people are sane and have air-conditioning, and I get money. So now I am a little bit richer and a whole lot tired and sweaty. It's mostly too hot to read, so I am only very slowly working my way through The Story of God by Robert Winson. It's pretty interesting, but slow reading. I hope to finish it today, but because it is so hot I might not.

Here's hoping that all of my readers are sitting in somewhat more comfortable airconditioned houses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where I am it reached a hot 41, and the power went out, luckly for me it was only for 30min at about 6:50. But for ment others they were with out power for longer and one third of the state was out(vic)

Sam-Is-Mad said...

I was at a friend's when the power went - and she was in South Yarra, so it kind of finished me cleaning. But Frankston wasn't effected at all. I went home to find my computer still on still ownloading House.

Anonymous said...

Your very lucky then