Wednesday 24 January 2007

WFMW - Paper Rewards

If you're anything like me, you have lots and lots of papers that need to be sorted and put away. These papers breed faster than anything else on the planet - you turn away and you're knee deep in them!

I used to have a huge problem with this until I started 50 paper rewards. Basically, for every 50 pieces of paper I throw out I get to buy myself a book or a DVD. I only include paper thrown out, but as you go through your piles you invariably end up filing many pieces of paper.

To keep track, I just have an old train ticket that I keep a tally on. Each train card will hold five or six 'tallies' of 50 papers. When it is full I throw that away - and it too counts as a piece of paper.

I find this system works really well. You can easily 'see' the difference by looking at the tally, even when it seems like there is no difference on your floor. And having a reward at the end keeps motivation up.

This definitely Works for Me!

Check out the rest of the WFMW at Rocks in My Dryer!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

What a fun method! I too have paper piles up to my knees. And I love rewards!