Saturday 2 May 2009

What I've Been Doing

I've been sans internet for some time now while we moved. It got connected today (yay!). I was able to check emails and occasionally blog on the internet at work, but that goes down on a regular basis.

What have I been doing?

Cooking. Every time I cook something Kal says how she can't beleive I'm not married. But seriously, I'm pretty awesome in the kitchen. And as our new kitchen is conducive to cooking...
So far I've made:
- Stewed apples and custard (twice)
- Pecan toffees (twice)
- Vegetable soup (using assorted vegetables - three times)
- Sweet potato soup (SO GOOD - only once. No more sweet potatoes, and I can't bring myself to buy them when we have so many normal potatoes)
- Chili beans on rice (not my best effort - that's what happens when you cook with a head cold)
- Chocolate custard

Making Soaps with the Chickadees. Soap flakes, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon. Mix together and mould into balls with a little water. The mums are going to be pleased with their mother's day gifts this year.

Gardening with the chickadees. Mostly we've just started with sweet peas and snap dragons. I hope to plant spinach soon, and some other winter plants. I never like gardening, but I would like to be good at it rather than killing everything I touch. That takes practice. No time to practice? That's why I do it at work ;P

I hope to do some more cooking tomorrow, to watch a Nigella DVD, to read a few cookbooks and to make my way through a pop science book. And to attack some weeds about the house. And to put flowers in the house. And to do some cleaning. And scapbooking...

To work Sam, to work!

No comments: