Monday 5 May 2008

Ps Ian and Kids Lit

Is it just me, or is Ps Ian referencing children's literature in his sermons? Last week he repeatedly used the prase "the time has come", which immediately had me say:
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Although I thought it was whether fish have wings, not pigs.

This week Ps Ian referenced "I'm going on a bear hunt" with "you have to go THROUGH it" .

So we were getting our groceries (Reb, Kal and me) and I was talking about this. I demonstrated the "the time has come" aspect of it with Kal. Reb said we were crazy. "Besides," she said, "The time has come is in the Bible!"

"The Bible quotes from Alice?"

And Kal - it's looking glass Alice, not wonderland Alice. And just so everyone knows, the two Alice books were written for and about different Alices.

No comments: